Latest InfoRace Day Information:
Race Start: 7:00am (50K); 8:00am (30K)
Race Check-In: 6:00am (50K); 7:00am (30K)
- From 57 Freeway exit at Lambert Road.
- Head east to Chino Hills State Park (pass Carbon Canyon Regional Park).
- Lambert Road becomes Carbon Canyon Road at Valencia. Continue about 1 miles to Chino Hills State Park parking lot.
- Race start/finish at parking lot of the new Discovery Center (4500 Carbon Canyon Road in Brea, CA)
- Prepare $5 parking fee.
Click here for Google Map parking location.
Other Parking Options:
- Once Chino Haills State Park Discovery Center Parking Lot is full, runners will be directing to park in Carbon Canyon Regional Park, far east lot next to the CHSP ($5.00 Entry Fee).
- Parking also available in Olinda Ranch Park, directly across from Carbon Canyon Regional Park. (Free but about 1 mile walk across Carbon Canyon Rd to the race start.) From Carbon Canyon Rd, turn left on Santa Fe Rd, left on Railway Ave, left on Cedarwood Dr.
- Telegraph Canyon/Little Canyon
- Turns are the same for 30K and 50K
- 30K: 4.5 miles & 15.25 miles
- 50K: 4.5 miles & 27.5 miles
- Turns are the same for 30K and 50K
- 30K: 7.5 miles & 13 miles
- 50K: 7.5 miles & 24 miles
- Bane Canyon – Drop Bag station
- 30K: 10.25 miles; turn AROUND point
- 50K: will check in 3 times.
- 1st time: 10.25 miles; then turn RIGHT on Bane Canyon
- 2nd time: 16.5 miles; then go STRAIGHT to Upper Bane Ridge
- 3rd time: 21 miles; then turn RIGHT on Telegraph Canyon go to 4-Corners.
- Bane Canyon - 1:30pm
- 4 Corner - 2:30pm
- Finish line - 5:00pm
Cutoff time for 50K:
Be half of Race official, Captains can make judgement call if any runner really lagging and obviously not going to make to the finish line by 5pm, or if they look strong enough to keep going.
Chino Hills State Park Discovery Center gate will open at 5:30am. Do not arrive much earlier than that.
The races will start on time, please take care of your bathroom need before.
50K/30K races will follow different color ribbons, the color will be marked on your Bib.
Chino Hills is mostly exposed. One handheld bottle is required. Carry extra water bottle or a camel-pack depend on the weather condition or your personal need.
The aid stations are staffed by Ultra runners giving back to others who have helped put on races for them in the past. Make sure to thank them--even if they somehow manage to spill your drink all over the place! This is a labor of love.
You must announce your race number to CHECK IN and CHECK OUT at every aid station. Again, this is for your safety so we make sure you're not lost out on the course somewhere.
And if something happens out there, the quickest way out is on the trail. Do not get off trail for any reason and retrace your steps if you think you took a wrong turn. We have Ultra Medical Team on site to come to your aid, if necessary. Watch out for each other.
Also, don't litter out there. This is not a road race with cleanup crews picking up your gel packets. If you make trash, carry it out with you to the nearest aid station and throw it out there. ANYONE CAUGHT LITTERING WILL BE PULLED FROM THE RACE. Anyone littering, but not caught, beware the wrath of Mother Nature!
If you need to drop, you must do so at an aid station. Tell them you are dropping before leaving the course. Failure to do so will ensure you never run another race in Chino Hills again!
Important Note to 50K runners:
To avoid confusion on the timing, there is no race switching allowed ON THE course, you need to change that latest at the check-in before race start.
Also, if you downgrade to 30K, you are expected to start with 30K at 8am and DO NOT just take off at 7am.