Latest InfoRace Day Information:
Race Date: 3/05/2016 (Saturday)
Race Start: 8:00am (10K); 8:30am (Half-Marathon)
Race Check-In: 7:00am (10K); 7:30am (Half-Marathon)
(Thatís right, we will let 10K go first this year)
- From 57 Freeway exit at Lambert Road.
- Head east to Chino Hills State Park (pass Carbon Canyon Regional Park).
- Lambert Road becomes Carbon Canyon Road at Valencia. Continue about 1 miles to Chino Hills State Park parking lot.
- Race start/finish at parking lot of the new Discovery Center (4500 Carbon Canyon Road in Brea, CA)
- Prepare $5 parking fee.
Click here for Google Map parking location.
Other Parking Options:
- Once Chino Haills State Park Discovery Center Parking Lot is full, runners will be directing to park in Carbon Canyon Regional Park, far east lot next to the CHSP ($5.00 Entry Fee).
- Parking also available in Olinda Ranch Park, directly across from Carbon Canyon Regional Park. (Free but about 1 mile walk across Carbon Canyon Rd to the race start.) From Carbon Canyon Rd, turn left on Santa Fe Rd, left on Railway Ave, left on Cedarwood Dr.
- The First aid station for both races.
- Half-M runners proceed going up South Ridge to 4-Corner Aid Station.
- 10K runners go down Easy Street, turn Left on Telegraph Canyon to Finish.
- The Second aid station for Half-Marathon, proceed down on Telegraph Canyon to Finish.
- Cutoff time for Half Marathon is at 11:30am.
- Behalf of RD, Captains can decide to pull runner off the course if it doesn't look like safe for runner to keep going.
- At Easy Street/Telegraph
- There will not be any aid station, but we will leave some water there for Half Marathon refill their bottles
Both races will follow different color ribbons, the color of your race will be marked on your Bib at Check-in.
Weather this Saturday will be pleasant 70+ degree. Chino Hills is mostly exposed, please carry at least 1 water bottle or a camel-pack depend individualís need.
Due to keeping green environment and create less toxic trash, all runner is REQUIRED to bring at least one handheld bottle to fill the hydrations, we will not provide cups for water and sports drink.
The aid stations are staffed by Ultra runners giving back to others who have helped put on races for them in the past. Make sure to thank them -- even if they somehow manage to spill your drink all over the place! This is a labor of love.
You must announce your race number to CHECK-IN at every aid station. Again, this is for your safety so we make sure you're not lost out on the course somewhere.
And if something happens out there, the quickest way out is on the trail. Do not get off trail for any reason and retrace your steps if you think you took a wrong turn. We have trained staff on site to come to your aid, if necessary. Watch out for each other.
Also, don't litter out there. This is not a road race with cleanup crews picking up your gel packets. If you make trash, carry it out with you to the nearest aid station and throw it out there. ANYONE CAUGHT LITTERING WILL BE PULLED FROM THE RACE. Anyone littering, but not caught, beware the wrath of Mother Nature!
If you need to drop, you must do so at an aid station. Tell them you are dropping before leaving the course. Failure to do so will ensure you never run another race in Chino Hills again!