Latest InfoRace Day Information:
Race Start: 7:00am (50K); 8:00am (30K)
Race Check-In: 6:00am (50K); 7:00am (30K)
- From 57 Freeway exit at Lambert Road.
- Head east to Chino Hills State Park (pass Carbon Canyon Regional Park).
- Lambert Road becomes Carbon Canyon Road at Valencia. Continue about 1 miles to Chino Hills State Park parking lot.
- Race start/finish at parking lot of the new Discovery Center (4500 Carbon Canyon Road in Brea, CA)
- Prepare $5 parking fee.
Click here for Google Map parking location.
Other Parking Options:
- Once Chino Haills State Park Discovery Center Parking Lot is full, runners will be directing to park in Carbon Canyon Regional Park, far east lot next to the CHSP ($5.00 Entry Fee).
- Parking also available in Olinda Ranch Park, directly across from Carbon Canyon Regional Park. (Free but about 1 mile walk across Carbon Canyon Rd to the race start.) From Carbon Canyon Rd, turn left on Santa Fe Rd, left on Railway Ave, left on Cedarwood Dr.
- The first aid station for both 50K/30K races; the last aid station for 30K only.
- 50K runners go down Easy Street, then turn RIGHT on Telegraph Canyon Trail proceed to Sycamore Trail.
- 30K runners go up South Ridge Trail proceed to 4 Corners station.
- 30K runners come back from South Ridge Trail proceed back to Discovery Center.
- The middle aid station for 50K, furthest aid station for 30K.
- Both 50K/30K check-in 2 times here
- 50K 1st time: runners come from North Ridge Trail, proceed on Telegraph Spur Ridge.
- 50K 2nd time: runners come from Bovinian Delight Trail, proceed on Telegraph Canyon Trail back to Discovery Center.
- 30K 1st time: runners come from Bovinian Delight Trail
- 30K 2nd time: runners done Telegraph Canyon Trail out and back, then take North Ridge Trail proceed to Sycamore Trail.
- This is the farthest aid station for 50K, Miles 10.4, 17.2, 21.3 at the same station.
- 50K Runners will check-in 3 times;
- 1st time: when they come from 4-Corner.
- 2nd time: when they done Scully/Aliso loop1
- 3rd time: when they done Bane Ridge loop 2
- Runners take South Ridge Trail via Bovinian Delight Trail back to 4-Corner Aid Station.
50K/30K races will follow different color ribbons, the color will be marked on your Bib.
Chino Hills is mostly exposed. One handheld bottle is required. Carry extra water bottle or a camel-pack depend on the weather condition or your personal need.
The aid stations are staffed by Ultra runners giving back to others who have helped put on races for them in the past. Make sure to thank them--even if they somehow manage to spill your drink all over the place! This is a labor of love.
You must announce your race number to CHECK IN and CHECK OUT at every aid station. Again, this is for your safety so we make sure you're not lost out on the course somewhere.
And if something happens out there, the quickest way out is on the trail. Do not get off trail for any reason and retrace your steps if you think you took a wrong turn. We have Ultra Medical Team on site to come to your aid, if necessary. Watch out for each other.
Also, don't litter out there. This is not a road race with cleanup crews picking up your gel packets. If you make trash, carry it out with you to the nearest aid station and throw it out there. ANYONE CAUGHT LITTERING WILL BE PULLED FROM THE RACE. Anyone littering, but not caught, beware the wrath of Mother Nature!
If you need to drop, you must do so at an aid station. Tell them you are dropping before leaving the course. Failure to do so will ensure you never run another Ultra in Chino Hills again!